1/08/2009

Obviously I don't post enough...

I'm just never in a position to blog when I actually feel like blogging. So, even though I don't have much to say, I'm going to blog anyway, just to kindof get back in the habit. Once I start doing it more often, maybe I'll come up with better stuff to write about. Anyway, new year is starting off well. However I have a cold, and when I have a cold, I want to eat everything in sight. So even though I just ate two cookies and a Zone bar, Kira and I are heading to the Mexican deli for tortas in 20 minutes.



Yesterday I took Rocky to the vet for a general checkup, shots (since I have no idea what he's had), and to check his rancid breath and leaky butt (like my boyfriend says, he's horrible at both ends, but damn cute in the middle!). Turns out little dogs have more teeth problems than big ones, so Rocky has quite a bit of tartar buildup which is causing his overwhelmingly disgusting breath. Fortunately, I can feed him dental bones, brush his teeth, and get his teeth cleaned to remedy that issue. And the reason his butt was leaking was that his anal glands were not draining properly and had become plugged up, so some would leak out at inopportune times (like when he's on my bed). So the vet cleaned the glands out and gave him his shots and a clean bill of health. He was a very good boy and everyone there loved him. He especially responds well to men, and gave lots of lovins to a soldier in fatigues, and some random guy buying dogfood who couldn't stop petting him. Since his butt is better, Rocky got to sleep in bed with me for awhile last night :)

No comments: